Rural Steel Workshops – How Steel Buildings are Evolving
It doesn’t take long for good ideas to flourish – and that’s exactly what we’re seeing with the evolution of steel buildings right now. Most farmers are able to chart the evolutionary process on their own land. From open-sided structures they’ve moved on to storage spaces for machinery, offices and now rural steel workshops.
Farmers have found the steel portal frame building an ideal way to extend, expand and evolve the way they do business. The versatility of the steel building construction is key to this. They’re quick and easy to put up. If you need to extend or adapt them; that’s a simple process too. Add into the mix their durability, strength and affordability and you’re onto a simple idea that’s proving transformational.
What Kind of Rural Steel Workshop Do You Need?
Steel buildings are an excellent investment if you’re looking for a workspace as an adjunct to to farm buildings, or on private land. At Integrity Steel Buildings we want to make sure that the space you end up with is tailored to the specific requirements you have of it. So we ask a few questions before we get down to the design:
- How many people will be working in this space? A lean-to could be used to create extra workspace if necessary.
- Will you be using the space to see customers? Partitions can be used to create a reception area.
- How many windows do you need? Making optimum use of natural light saves on electricity bills.
- How secure do you need your workshop to be? Heavy-duty security doors will give you peace of mind.
- Are there any regulatory requirements that you need to meet?
- Do you have plans for expansion, and should we factor them in to the design?
- How much storage space do you need? A mezzanine floor makes good use of the space above your head.
In addition to these questions, we’ll also factor in the wind region, topography and surrounding terrain into your design to ensure it’s fit for purpose for as long as you need it to be.
Self Build or Integrity Project Management?
Once the design of your steel building is agreed it’s sent off to be manufactured. The building is supplied flat-pack to you with a build manual, load list and architectural drawings. You can either self-build or get Integrity to project manage the construction and fit out of the space for you. If you find that you need planning permission to erect your workspace, Integrity will provide all the documentation you need to apply for it.
Working With Integrity Steel Buildings
Integrity is an established supplier of agricultural steel buildings from agricultural sheds through to steel frame stables, barns or machinery stores. We provide free site surveys (in person, or online), bespoke design, manufacturing and delivery of flat-packed components.
If you are interested in finding out more about Integrity’s rual steel workshops, call us in Bedford on 01234 938113, or in Exeter on 01392 444641, or message us online.